What is coaching?Coaching is a thought-provoking and creative process that empowers the client to focus and realize their visions and goals. Coaching offers the client the tools and support needed to remove obstacles and facilitate change.
What are some reasons to hire a coach?
- To gain support during a professional or personal transition
- To become more organized and be more productive
- To gain focus in order to complete a plan or a project
- To improve professional and/or personal relationships
- To gain perspective when in crisis
- To plan your life based on what you value most
- To make your life more fulfilling and balanced
How does coaching differ from therapy?Coaching is not therapy. Coaching focuses on strategic planning and personal growth and does not attempt to heal emotional trauma or do family of origin work.
How is a session structured?In a coaching session my clients and I work in partnership. My clients set the agenda for the session and I as the coach follow and help facilitate that agenda. During the session I listen deeply, ask powerful and clarifying questions, share my intuitive insights, and use various planning tools to help my clients get to where they want to go. I keep my clients accountable to the steps they've agreed to take at the conclusion of each session. I hold my clients in high esteem and am there to support them through their coaching journey.
How long does it take to get a result?I recommend a minimum of 3 months of weekly or bi-weekly sessions in order to achieve the goals you set and experience the changes you desire.